Hey, I’m Sheavaun (shev-ONNE)…
I tend to process my personal stuff verbally and since I have a problem keeping a daily journal, I somehow wound up writing a blog.
As a young wife and mother I
- buried my 8 month old son
- lost my Dad to cancer when he was mid-fifties,
- constantly dealt with feelings of guilt, hopelessness, defeat and anger
… all while learning how to raise one of my daughters with Down syndrome; not understanding that she also has autism and was later to be declared legally blind.
A failed marriage confirmed for me that nothing was turning out the way I had dreamed it would.
I was wounded, afraid, and desperate.
And I felt really, really ugly and unwanted.
Until I learned this:
God can and will do exceedingly more than we can ask or imagine. (Ephesians 3:20)
I believe it.
He showed up when I was at my darkest, most broken, and has patiently loved me into healing and hope. He’s good like that.
Avoiding my pain was not the answer; but working through it with trusted people and friends has quite literally saved my life.
I feel like I’m really living again. Learning to be healthy emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically.
(I actually lost 30 pounds! I talk about it here)
My hope is to share the bits and pieces He has taught me… and point you to His goodness.
We’re all a work in progress, but if I can add my voice to the many others out there that can help put one of the pieces of the puzzle together for you — similarly to how someone else’s voice helped me — then I am grateful.
Just paying it forward.
- Sign up to get my blog posts in your email so you won’t miss out when I post something new
- jump onto to my facebook page and ‘like’ it to keep up and connect with me there,
- and/or on Twitter you can find me @shevg.
- and if you are in pain, please find someone you can trust to help you navigate these choppy waters. A counselor, pastor, friends… hard things are hard, but inevitable. Let someone walk with you through it.
I would love to connect with you!
be happy. be healthy. be beautiful. be you. Absolutely.